Pages

Thursday, 13 March 2014

Sweet About A Little Motivation


Exams are rapidly approaching and I am beginning to feel the pressure.  At this point in time it is important I meet every day with 100% enthusiasm and energy to ensure I make the most of my final years of schooling.  Let me tell you it isn't easy.  Laziness and procrastination generally make it even harder to get everything done on time and to an acceptable standard so a little motivation now and then always helps.  My pastoral coordinator showed this video to my year level at the beginning of the year and this is actually one of the main sources of my everyday motivation.  

So everyone needs a little motivation, inspiration and support every now and then so here are a few ways I push myself to get things done well and on time.  

Surrounding Myself With Inspirational and Motivational Quotes

Adding quotes to my phone and computer background mean every time I check my phone or computer there will be a quote urging me back to the books.  If you want to check out my computer wallpapers I made a blog post a few weeks ago which you can find here >> http://sweetab0utme.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/sweet-about-little-inspiration.html.  


I also follow heaps of 'quotey' twitter accounts such as:
But you can also follow me @CortneyClaridge and I am always re blogging quotes and affirmations for your benefit :)


Bribing Yourself

So I have always been a bit of a sucker for getting roped into a TV series so this year I made a deal with the devil.  I promised myself I wouldn't begin watching an new seasons of my favorite shows until school holidays when I could reward my efforts with the rental of the entire box set. So far this system has actually worked out great, I can spend more time focusing on the English assessment due the next morning rather than if my favorite character is going to die.  


Setting Goals

Finally one of the most powerful elements of motivation is goal setting.  Setting a goal can be pretty daunting considering you are putting the pressure on to see it through.  This pressure to succeed is the whole point behind the goals and is sure to get you out of bed in the morning.  


I hope you guys took something from this quick little post, if you liked it make sure to +1 :) Also make sure you comment your method of motivation below.


Keep it Sweet, 

Cortney




4 comments:

  1. Love this!
    I could use a little motivation, lagging behind on my homework.. Oops.

    Xx Anne
    www.sickchicksblog.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone's having motivational problems at the moment- I have coursework deadlines looming and got given my exam timetable this week- it's suddenly made everything that bit more realistic eeekk!! xx

    gilly15.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha could not agree more, the youtube has actually worked wonders for me.

      Cortney

      Delete