Christmas 2007 I was given a little Kodak digital camera which recorded simple videos and took average photos and from that point on I thought of myself as a professional photographer. I began taking photos of flowers and things lined up from smallest to biggest and taking photos of Lego houses as if it was going to end up in a real estate magazine. A few years in to my 'photography career' pretty much everyone had access to a digital camera, some even had there on DSLR's, so I really needed a way to make my photos stand out against the rest. This is when I discovered photo editing. I literally could not believe I could make wrinkles disappear, add filters, change colours, add lighting etc etc. I began to terribly edit photos making every portrait look like a half blurred half plastic person and every landscape harsh with light and colour. But I still kept it up and in 2011 I got a Sony CyberShot TX5 waterproof camera and started up my FaceBook page Melody Photography. Now my FaceBook page, unfortunately never 'took off' unlike some of my friends who happened to get a couple of shares but I still continue to use it as a place to collaborate my work. In 2013 I began entering my work in cultural shows and competitions and have even earnt some placings which is always very exciting. In the near future I'm sure this blog will feature plenty of my photography (some of my old work as well) so look forward to it! Please also don't hesitate to check out and like my Facebook page Melody Photography - I still have hope it may someday make it.
Keep It Sweet,
Cortney x





No comments:
Post a Comment